The parish of Easton covers an area of 1,352 acres of clay land producing wheat, barley and beans. The land is flat and low-lying in the north between the Ellington Brook, which for a part of its course forms the northern boundary, and a smaller stream which rises in Spaldwick and runs eastward to Ellington. Southward of the latter stream the ground rises from 66 ft. above the Ordnance datum in the village to over 200 ft. on the south-west boundary. The land is mostly pasture.
The village stands about half a mile to the south of the road from Huntingdon to Thrapston and six and a half miles from the former town. The smaller stream, already referred to, runs by the village street, on the south side of which is the church. Most of the houses and cottages date back to the 17th century and are timber-framed with thatched or tiled roofs. A road leading south from the village widens out as it skirts Calpher Wood, where it is called Hartham Street. Calpher Wood, formerly known as Calfo Park, contained 30 acres and belonged to the manor of Spaldwick in 1279. There was an Inclosure Award in 1775.
The nearest railway station is that of Grafham, three miles to the south-east. In 1637 Giles Randall, the curate, preached a 'scandalous and seditious' sermon against ship-money in the parish church on a general fast day, and was bound over as a recusant. he appeared as vicar of Easton before the Court of High Commission in 1640. The Wesleyan Methodist chapel built in 1840 is now used as a parish room.
Victoria County History: Huntingdonshire ~ Printed 1932